What to expect after your Dental Implant Surgery from dental office, Pacific Beach, San Diego dentist
- You may experience some discomfort and bleeding the day of the surgery.
- Take all the prescribed medications based on given instructions.
- Apply an ice bag on your face over the surgical site on the day of surgery for 10 minutes on and 5 minutes off.
- Keep your next appointment on time for removal of sutures and follow up checks.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. Brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area and the tooth may feel loose.
- Do not smoke, spit or use a straw on the day of the surgery (avoid smoking for a few days after the surgery).
Don’t hesitate to call the Pacific Beach dentistry, San Diego dentist should any difficulties occur. In case of an extreme urgency call 911.
A dental implant is a metal post, typically made of titanium,that is surgically inserted into the jawbone to serve as an artificial root. Once the dental implant is in place it can serve as a structure from which to affix crowns, partial dentures or full dentures.
Call Dentist Pacific Beach now to set up an appointment for a dental implant.
Dental implants are titanium tooth roots that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw. The implants bond with the bone over time and act as anchors for replacement teeth. After the implants are inserted, they need about three to six months to heal. At this time, artificial teeth are crafted to be placed on the implants.
Dr. Aryan, San Diego Dentist says that the procedure for dental implants is lengthier than restorative procedures for bridges or dentures, but the results are more secure and longer lasting. Once completed, dental implants leave you with a confident and natural looking smile.