Root Canal Treatment
What to expect after your Root Canal
Dr. Aryan. Dentist San Diego explains here what you can experience the following symptoms after getting a root canal treatment:
- You may experience moderate pain and sensitivity to pressure on your tooth. Also, you may feel gum soreness for few days after your treatment. The healing process may take several days but the pain and discomfort should subside gradually.
- Take any medication that was prescribed for you according to instructions.
- Usually a temporary filling has been placed on your tooth, do not bite on the tooth for one hour and while you are numb. Also, until the permanent restoration is placed, be very gentle with the tooth. Try to chew with the opposite side.
- Continue your brushing and flossing.
- Follow up with the placement of your permanent restoration as you have been advised. Any unnecessary delay on placement of final restoration may damage the tooth permanently.