Gum Surgery Post Operative Instructions
Follow those instructions to take care of your gums after gum surgery by Dr. Aryan, dentist San Diego.
- You may experience some pain, swelling and bleeding after the surgery.
- Take all the prescribed medications based on given instruction.
- Apply an ice bag on your face over the surgical site on the day of surgery for 10 minutes on and 5 minutes off.
- Keep your next appointment on time for removal of sutures and follow up checks.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. Brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area and the tooth may feel loose.
- Do not smoke, spit or use a straw on the day of the surgery (avoid smoking for a few days after the surgery)